Summer is the perfect time to explore interests through reading and listening to books. Here are 5 ways to sustain the joy of reading all summer long:
1. “Tom’s Midnight Garden” Summer Book Club with Ms. Bentall
Perfect for fans of time-travel adventures or fantasies with a smidgen of historical fiction. Booklist, 4/15/ 2018
Read any version of “Tom’s Midnight Garden” by Philippa Pearce and/or listen to Ms. Bentall read the original version, then join an online discussion.
Oakridge students and staff: use the Google Classroom app or click this link to go to the website version. Log in with your ID and password. In Google Classroom, click on + . Then use this code to join: g9wu01
2. Enjoy Summer Reading for All Ages at Arlington Public Library – the place to go for book recommendations and summer programming for children.
3. Ebooks can be accessed 24/7 via the free MackinVia app or at www.MackinVia.com. Students use their lunch number and password. Look out for new ebooks in July.
4. Free access to interactive ebooks for the summer at www.mycapstonelibrary.com Login: summer18 Password: lovetoread Or read offline using the app. More info and a letter for families at this link: Capstone Interactive Summer Reading School to home letter(1)
5. Family and friends book clubs. Read, listen and talk about a book together. Download an audio book from MackinVia.com to listen together, or check out multiple copies of a title from Arlington Public Library.
Oakridge Library has more 21,000 print books and 5,000 ebooks and audio-books.
Tel: 703 228 8820
Hours: Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.