Oakridge library has more than 30,000 resources: books, ebooks, audiobooks and databases.
Curbside pick up of books is available from Monday to Friday 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
There are two ways to ask for books:
2. Send a message to Ms. Bentall or Ms. Scott asking for a bundle of books. You can send a message via Canvas (click on inbox on the menu). Or ask your family to send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will send a message to let you know when your books are ready for pick up. If your family cannot pick up during these times, let us know. Wear a mask and observe social distancing. Books may be returned into the box at the front entrance. Books will be quarantined for seven (7) days in line with CDC and IMLS guidelines.
- How to log in to Destiny Discover
- How to log in to MackinVia
- How to find books for book clubs in MackinVia
- How to request print books for curbside pickup.
- Oakridge’s Top Ten books of 2019-2020
- In Order to Create a More Perfect Union…
- A collection of digital and print books at Oakridge Elementary School library that focus on the themes of action, justice, identity, diversity, and empathy. Use your APS log-in to read and request the digital books.
- Finding Reading Joy:
- A 7-minute video with tips from Ms. Bentall about finding that ‘magical’ book. Use your APS log-in to view.
- Individualized Help
- Library office hours: Tuesday and Thursday 2:20 – 3:00 PM
- Readers’ Advisory (What to read next?)
- Research (access to databases and search strategies)
- Email librarian: Karen.Bentall@apsva.us
Oakridge Library is the beating heart of our school where students learn the skills to evaluate information for accuracy, validity, social and cultural context, and appropriateness for need. During storytimes, they contribute to discussions in which multiple viewpoints are expressed. Their curiosity flourishes by reading widely and deeply, and they develop the intrinsic motivation that can lead to a lifelong love of reading.
Tel: 703 228 8820
Hours: Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.