Summer is the perfect time to explore interests through reading and listening to books.
1. Book Bundles. Let Ms. Scott or Ms. Bentall know if you would like a personalized book bundle by Wednesday, June 16 for pick up by Friday, June 18 at 1:20 PM. Click here for summer reading tips for families (coming soon).
3. Listen to an audiobook in MackinVia or at Arlington Public Library . Find thousands of ebooks and audiobooks. You’ll need a library card to access, borrow and request digital titles. Here’s how to sign up online for a free library card.
4. How to find the books you really want to read. In this video Ms. Bentall explains how to get the books many of you have asked for in MackinVia. Here’s a reminder on how to log in to MackinVia, click here.
5. What Shall I Read Next? Looking for series or a read-alike?
6. KidsPost Book Club: True Friends. Starts Wednesday, June 16. Sign-up and join the conversation every Wednesday this summer.
7. Family and friends book clubs. Read, listen and talk about a book together. Meet virtually or in real life if you can.
8. Read the book. Watch the movie. Did you know that most movies start as books? Coming soon: a list of books that have inspired movies.
9. Reread an old favorite. Here are Oakridge’s Top Ten books of 2019-2020. New top ten for 2020-21 coming soon.