Name: Maureen Albero
Name: Nicole Kimball
Name: Ashley Omekam
Name: Mary-Ellen Sheehan
Many of our Oakridge teachers are teaching students about “growth mindset.” This goes against the traditional idea of a “fixed mindset. In a fixed mindset, people believe their basic qualities, like their intelligence or talent, are simply fixed traits. They spend their time documenting their intelligence or talent instead of developing them. They also believe that talent alone creates success—without effort. They’re wrong.
In a growth mindset, people believe that their most basic abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work brains and talent are just the starting point. This view creates a love of learning and a resilience that is essential for great accomplishment. Virtually all great people have had these qualities.
Teaching a growth mindset creates motivation and productivity in the worlds of business, education, and sports. It enhances relationships.
Check out some of the videos that delve deeper into growth mindset.
General expectations for 5th Graders at Oakridge
- Students should read for 30 minutes (at least) each night.
- Students should keep their work organized and bring their planners everyday; they should also return their homework and other materials on-time.
- Students should do their best everyday and ask for help when they need it.
Other Websites Just for YOU!
Try these links at home for fifth grade information, reading and math practice, and lots of fun!
Learn to Play Math Dice!
Interactive Multiplication Practice
Fifth Grade Skills
Students Click on the category, answer the question and watch their progress.
Questions will increase in difficulty as you improve.
All about books for kids
Skill building games
Build a Molecule
Multiplication 2 X 2 Practice
Ordering Decimals and Fractions
Math Pattern Practice (Set)
Woman on the $20?
Simplifying Fractions and Number Line Practice
Grade 5 Math Standards Practice
- ParentVUE: ParentVUE, an online tool to help you monitor your student’s education. To create an account and log into ParentVUE, you just need a valid email address and the Activation Code provided in the letter that was sent to you.
- Join the PTA: Family engagement is critical to student success, and our PTA plays a critical role in supporting our students and our instructional programs. It’s also a great network of parents and teachers for your school family. Please consider joining the PTA this year.
Students should be reading or read to for at least 30 minutes per night.
If you have any further questions please email your student’s teacher.