Name: Laura Murphy
Name: Claudia Campos
Name: Glenda Pinckney
Name: Ngan Ha
Name: Shannon Madison
Name: Hayley Dino
- Please check in with your child’s teacher about upcoming parent-teacher conferences. Conference days are scheduled for October 25th (early release) and October 26th (no school for students).
- Check Friday Folders to see all the amazing work your child has done this week!
What We’re Learning in October
- Reading: Building our reading stamina, practicing good reading habits, strategies to figure out unfamiliar words, practicing reader with a partner
- Writing: Writing small moment stories, planning and editing, strategies for spelling words, adding in details and dialogue
- Math: Counting, comparing, solving story problems using addition and subtraction
Other Important Information
- MySchoolBucks: Good nutrition is critical for student success. The Food Services menus are all online and you can set up an online payment account through MySchoolBucks for each student. We encourage you to plan for this, especially breakfast, so your child has a nutritious meal and is ready to learn every day.
- ParentVUE: ParentVUE, a new online tool to help you monitor your student’s education. To create an account and log into ParentVUE, you just need a valid email address and the Activation Code provided in the letter that was sent to you. If you need assistance, please email the Help Desk at email@example.com or call 703-398-1426 or 703-228-2994 (Monday-Friday 6:30am-6:00pm).
- Join the PTA: Family engagement is critical to student success, and our PTA plays a critical role in supporting our students and our instructional programs. It’s also a great network of parents and teachers for your school family. Please consider joining the PTA this year.
If you have any further questions please email your student’s teacher.