Welcome to Oakridge Elementary School’s Counseling website! My name is Ms. Terwilliger (the kids usually call me Mrs. T) and I primarily serve Grades 1,4 and 5. Ms. Gregory is back this year (now as Ms. Morse!), primarily working with Grades K, 2 and 3. As school counselors, we work with students and parents through a number of different services. Each service is designed to support the academic program of our school. Some of the services offered through the counseling program are:
- Group Counseling (topics include: Separation/Divorce, Study Skills, Loss, Friendship, Self-Esteem, Social Skills, and more!)
- Individual Counseling
- Classroom Guidance Lesson (topics include: self esteem, feelings, goal setting, problem solving, career awareness, and more!)
- All counselors in Arlington teach a common set of lessons from Second Step–a well know social-emotional learning program
- Our lessons meet both the Arlington Public Schools’ Classroom Counseling Standards and Competencies (Academic, Personal/Social, Career) and the Virginia School Counseling Standards and Competencies
- Ask your student about the classroom visits from the counselors!
- Parent Workshops
If you have any questions or if I can be of assistance, please call me at 703-228-8158 or email me at email@example.com.
If you need to contact Ms. Morse, please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 703-228-8165. For more information on Arlington Public Schools’ School Counseling Program, please visit: http://www.apsva.us/site/Default.aspx?PageID=2315.
Thank you for supporting the guidance and counseling program!