Oakridge Elementary School Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/weareoakridge/
Connect with us via email: OakridgePTA@gmail.com
2018 School Year Documents
Membership Form NEW – Fall 2018 – Click here to open the PDF!
All students are invited to enter a work of art in the annual PTA Reflections Art Contest, in which students submit entries responding to a central theme in one of the following categories: visual arts, writing, photography, music composition, dance, and film production. Entries may earn special recognition at the school level and perhaps even the county, state, or national level too! This year’s theme is “Heroes Around Us.” Your child could submit a drawing or painting, a poem or essay, or a photograph or video! Please note that for visual arts, students must submit a thumb drive containing a digital image of the artwork in addition to the original piece. If you need help with your submission, please contact Dorothy Ward at DorothyHWard@gmail.com We will have a panel of outside judges who will decide which artworks will move on to the county competition! More information can be found at this website. Click here to download the student entry form. We are encouraging all students to participate in this contest; the deadline comes up quickly- November 2, by 4 pm. Please return artwork along with a completed student entry form to the library. (If you can’t print the entry form, you can find hard copies in the library or the front office.
Please direct any questions to Dorothy – (DorothyHWard@gmail.com)
Print the membership form above and turn it in with a check or cash to the PTA box in the front office (or Paypal to OakridgePTA@gmail.com, please write “membership” in notes)
**membership forms are also available in school on the wall across from the gym**
Online via the National PTA website:
- Go to pta.org and click Join at the top of the screen.
- Then click “Join PTA in Your Community”.
- Click Virginia on the map.
- Click to access the online join form.
- Login with their individual PTA account information (creating an account if this is their first time on the website/joining PTA).
Join us at our monthly meetings on the first Tuesday of every month at 7pm during the school year. Dinner will be served at 6:30 pm, bring the kids!
“ONE WORLD, MANY STORIES”
- Supports the Mosaic Program by funding visiting artists, authors, musicians and speakers
- Provides school supplies and kinesthetic equipment for students
- Organizes after-school enrichment activities, Girls on the Run and Odyssey of the Mind
- Supports field trips for every grade level
- Provides scholarships for after school activities, field trips and other activities
- Communicates via Email blasts and monthly PTA Meetings where dinner and entertainment are provided for the students
- Provides meals and organizes celebrations for teachers and staff on special days
- Volunteers in classrooms and the library, as Room Parents, and at PTA events
Favorite Oakridge PTA Traditions:
- Back to School Social
- Kindergarten Meet and Greet
- Spirit Wear Days
- 2Fit2Quit Fitness Fair
- International Potluck Dinner
- Oakridge Night at the Washington Nationals and DC United
- Reflections Arts Competition
- Staff Appreciation Week
- School Yearbook
- 5th Grade Promotion Celebration
- Book Fair and Read-A-Thon
- School Supply Kits
- Spring Fling and Silent Auction
- Mabel’s Labels, Harris Teeter VIC card, Giant Store Card, Amazon Smiles, Box Tops Collection
1414 24th Street South
Arlington, VA 22202-1500